Thursday, October 27, 2011

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

Let's All Count Our Blessings Instead of our problems....
Let's face it - 2011 has not been a wonderful year for most of us. The economy sucks - our mortgages are upside down - and most of us have a family member or close friend who has been out of work for some time now!
As we approach this Season of Christmas Hope and Joy - let's see if we can do something POSITIVE! As they say in Jamaica - "Bust Up The Gloomy"!!
1). SMILE at a total stranger in the grocery store
2). Stop sweating the small stuff - Life is WAY too short!
3). Road rage is at it's worst - try to have some patience and understanding for your fellow drivers out there!
4). Say Hello to your neighbors - even if you have never met before!
Personally, its been a tough year for my husband and me - His health is steadily declining and I have to be the strong one - the "rock" as they say.
It's very difficult to keep a happy, positive attitude when all you get is bad news! But I refuse to give in to it! It's so easy to just drown in our sorrows and feel sorry for ourselves - but a recent trip to the hospital for my husband opened my eyes - there is ALWAYS somebody out there who is worse off than you -
I met a 90 year old man in the hospital who was so glad that i even spoke to him - no family, no friends - no visits from anyone - very, very heartbreaking.... When i hugged him and kissed his cheek - he cried and said that he had not had a hug in years from anyone! turns out - he lives in a nursing home not a mile from my house...... so from now on - once a week (or more if I can manage it) He will have a visit from me - a smile, a hug - maybe some homemade cookies....
How hard can it be to be nice to somebody else and take a few minutes out of my time?
Anyway - it may be just a tad early for New Year's Resolutions - but I am going to try and make 2012 a much nicer, happier year for my family and myself!
May your Holiday Season Be a Blessed one!
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!

3 comments:

  1. Yes we should take time to count our blessings. I am sure most of us have a lot more blessing than problems. We should concentrate on our blessings ! I love the advice you gave !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly believe in the practice of "What goes around, Comes around!" Please select a heart that you would like to give this gentleman from the Hide A Heart Etsy Shop HERE and provide a mailing address to info@hideaheart.com and let's put a smile on his face and YOURS!
    Hugs Galore!
    MCatherine

    ReplyDelete